Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my neighbor. My neighbor loves to play with Wiggiman. He has tied a ball onto the end of fishing pole. He casts the ball into my yard from his and wiggiman chases after it. At first it was fun, then I noticed that after wiggiman running back and forth, the twine was starting to wrap around his neck. I told my neighbor that this isn't really a good idea.. He just said, awe don't worry...
I don't want to offend him, but I don't want him to play this particular game..

How do I say,,,, Do not play this game!!!
mary f

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think you said it well..."Do NOT play this game. Thank you"

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I agree, be firm & let him know you do NOT want him to continue. A few years ago, I had neighbors whose kids kept feeding Sadie & Spencer junk. The first time, I asked the kids nicely to stop. The next several times, I asked the parents nicely to get their kids to stop, explaining that Spencer was on a strict diet because of allergies & both had gotten sick once before from eating things they weren't used to. Unfortunately, it continued until one day they threw a piece of chicken, bones & all in my yard. I got very upset & yelled. I don't usually do that, and because of it, from then until the neighbors moved, didn't speak much to them, but I was willing to sacrifice any possible friendship with them for the safety & health of Sadie & Spencer.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tell that guy to get his own dog to play with!

·
Registered
335 Posts
This kind of thing makes me see red! This neighbor is, not to put too fine a point on it, a moron.

Be strong, be firm, tell him that is not a safe way to play with the dog, and if necessary, remove the dog when the neighbor is outside, too. Do you have a fence? If not, a nice tall privacy fence may be in order, or a kennel on the far side of the yard, that SHOULD clearly state that these type of games are not acceptable. Protecting your pet's well-being is more important (IMHO) than offending your neighbor and spoiling his fun.

That's really scary about the line getting wrapped around Wiggiman's neck! Does this guy not realize that if something goes wrong, he may not be able to untangle the line or cut it in time to prevent injury to Wiggiman? If he has a fishing pole, he should realize how tightly and quickly that line can tangle and knot.

I hope you find an amicable solution and can stay neighborly, but I think he doesn't realize how much attachment most people have to their pets and that his actions are causing you a lot of distress.

Good luck!
BarbR

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks... If feel more confident about the situation. Yes, we do have a chicken wire fence because we are friends. I will ask him to not play that game. Wiggiman's safety is more important than hurting feelings.
mary f

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell your friend to stop it again! That could be lethal. :( Happy to be a slave for Tummy Boy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts