Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...picked Dallas up last night from the breeder (he is 9 weeks). He slept through the night which was wonderful!!!
One question I have....today he has slept I bet 3/4 of the day. I have had puppies before and they are usually pretty active...but not this guy...he is so LAZY!!! He will walk across the room and just flop down and sleep...is this normal???

·
Registered
773 Posts
At nine weeks, he should have had some shots already. Do you know if the breeder did this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes she did...I have his shot records....
10-27 Strongid
11-10 Strongid
11-28 Panacur
12-8 Drontal Plus

Sorry...that was the worming...
11-28 Distemper-Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvo, Coronavirus was everything he was given shots for at that time....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on bringing your baby home....My Sophia comes home in one week....just in time for Christmas...I can't wait :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I know when I brought both of mine home they were lazy for a few days just getting used to their new environment. It's a long on a pup to change homes and to change people, etc.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Congratulations!!! Dallas is just saving up his energy for that big Christmas adventure. Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your new bundle of joy.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Coming home from the breeder is a huge day in a pups life. Give him 24 to 48 hours to adjust, and he'll be more active.

Just be careful what you wish for! Soon you'll be asking why he never sleeps!

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I brought Baxter home (he was already 3 months old), he wasn't too active. A week later he was running around and cutting up! It's hard to get him to even take a nap!! So don't worry, once he gets used to his new home he'll be dashing all around and it will be hard to keep up with him :lol:

·
Registered
465 Posts
The day we brought Button home, he was very lethargic. So much so that we took him to the vet the next morning. The breeder had wormed him the day we picked him up with Ivermectin (sp?) The vet said there was a possibility that he got a bit too much. We would stand him up on his feet, and he would just flop down. After a few days he was normal, and has been fine since. He is actually the more active of our two. And quite a ham, I might add:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well he have had the little man for 5 days...and needless to say he had definaltey come out of his shell...boy oh boy he is giving the cats a run for thier money that is for sure....its actually quite funny. He does love to snuggle...right up in your armpit...keeps us warm, he is definatley a hot box.

Thank you for all the well wishes....I will post pics soon...can anyone direct me how to do so?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts