Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Daisy's at the vet's for her operation. Even with 3 kids and 2 cats running around, the house is quiet. I'm nervous and lonely. I told her before I left that as long as she stays healthy this will be her only operation. Hopefully, for my nerves it really is! I can only call the vet around lunch time to see how she made out. :( She's such a nervous little pup around strangers I hated to leave her. I remember after our beagles's operation she moaned and groaned all night, I hope Daisy isn't like that it will break my heart. Oh well, I could go on all day because of nerves. Wish us luck!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Good luck! I always hate leaving them at the vets too, and have to restrain myself from calling every 20 minutes to see how they're doing- keep us posted!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
hope she's ok. she'll be in a dozzy state when you pick her up tonight but should be ok by the next morning.

we had snoopy done on friday but she's still not too well. not eating much or drinking much and crying which is really unlike her. her voice is different also as if she's got a sore throat. she hasnt barked since last week too which is really strange. she's sleeping ALL the time too.

vet has checked her over twice since friday now and he's said she's fine. it takes some dogs longer to get over it than others.

i hope you're little one recovers quicker than snoopy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just called the vet and they said she made out fine. She's not awake yet, but we'll be able to go get her by suppertime. I told them when she wakes up if she makes alot of noise to call and I'll go get her right away. I don't want to have her there if she's whimpering or, heaven forbid, howling. I want to wait until all the kids that I babysit leave before I bring her home but if she's really upset I would prefer her to be home. I would just block off the living room and have her in there by herself where I can watch her but no one else could get at her. Anyway, thanks for all the good thoughts. Glad its over and I'll be happier when she's home.

P.S. It was a good time to get all her bed, blankets and bowls washed. Can you tell I missed her?!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Healing drool for Daisy!!! Jackie got spayed last month and it took her about three days to get back to her normal self. Expect Daisy to be really sore and sleepy. She will probably be in pain and Jackie even whined a little the first night. It broke my heart to see her in any kind of pain. You might want to give Daisy some wet food for the first couple of days because it really HURT Jackie to strain to use the bathroom. Good luck and give Daisy a hug for me!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
You might want to confine her to a small gated area or a crate when she first comes home so that she can't tumble off furniture and hurt herself- she will probably be a little groggy- glad to hear it went well!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Daisy is home!! She is sleepy, but seems to be doing fine. As soon as she got home she bee-lined for her bed and hasn't moved, except to make herself more comfortable. She did eat some food, soft stuff like Jackie's mom had recomended, and has kept it down. She hasn't moaned or groaned once, but she did pee all over the floor at the vet's office when she saw me and the kids. :lol: Revenge for all she had been through!! Really glad to have her home. Everyone, including my husband, are treating her with kid gloves. Thanks again for all the good thoughts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick note for LibbyRed since Libby is getting spayed on the 29th. Daisy is up and not exactly running around, but she is walking quickly :p and wagging the old tail! She did really well all day. I was a little worried because we had to go to my grandfather's funeral and that left her alone for a bit, but when we got home she was perfectly fine. The kids are doing really great around her. My husband showed them the stitches and that pretty much got the point across to them. I'm positive Libby will sail through with flying colors like Daisy! Let us know how the 29th goes!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm glad everything worked out so well. Penny my newest addition just got spayed yesterday. She cried a little bit last night and was unable to eat until tonight. She's been running around today like nothing ever happened. We check her sutures frequently and so far they're looking okay. Best wishes to Daisy in her recovery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts