Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think basset owners must be the strangest ever... and I know I can't be alone in this! My husband and I find the most pleasure in our everyday interactions with our hounds. For example- I went grocery shopping today and as I carried the bags in, I placed them near where the dogs could sort through and look for their favorite things. They love to nose through each bag and I enjoy watching them "unpack". Is that not weird or what???

Another favorite things is nap time... At 2:00 on my days off, they all whine and head for the bedroom- It's our naptime and they want their snuggle!

Do you have a "simple pleasure" you enjoy sharing with your hounds?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I know what you mean. Toby is no longer allowed up the stairs to the bedroom, but, I sometimes take a single mattress from upstairs and sleep on the living room floor with him. Bassets are really soft and warm to sleep with and his snoring sends me to sleep. Am I BONKERS or WHAT!!!!!

·
Registered
987 Posts
My basset doesn't like to snuggle much. And if you move when you are sleeping she growls. But, I understand what you mean. I think it is cute when they unpack my bags from the store as well, but my husband is not as amused by it. He hasn't embraced the houndie lifestyle yet. We're workign on him.

A

·
0 Posts
My sister's house is not basset proof. One day when we were over there Sabian came out of her kitchen with the trash can lid (the kind with a door that you can open and close)hanging around his head. It was hilarious! yvonne

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Mine also go through the bags, Emma will use her paw to check -so I have to make sure she doesn't ruin everything in there - or steals anything.....

·
Registered
343 Posts
One of my favorite simple pleasures...

Looking over at George in the evening -- snuggled up, sound asleep, covered with a down blanket, full belly from dinner -- in MY comfy new reading chair.

A

·
0 Posts
Ruby's scared of paper bags....probably because they're taller than her. ;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL!! I didn't think of the paper bags- Mostly we get the little plastic sort of bags at our grocery stores that kind of spill everything out when sat down :D

Now I know the meat and bread bags go on the counter!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yup, henrietta and winston love to check my grocery bags and tried to unpack them.
Winston loves to unpack my hubby gym bag, and we let them to di - just because....

Yeah, we are all bunch of weirdo!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts