Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Moe has new cysts popping out all over him over the last few months. At least two are infected, and one is extremely large at 3-4 inches. He's licking and chewing at the ones he can reach, irritating them more. I have a antibiotic cream that I'm using on the cysts that show signs of irrtation, and I have a refill of his antibiotics. I have a very pungent salve thats supposed to discourage licking, and for the most part it does. He has arthritis in his joints, his eyesight is going, and I suspect that his hearing is too. We all know Bassets have selective hearing, but Moe used to react to the warning beeps of his invisible fence. Lately he's gotten out of the yard twice - I think he just doesn't hear the warnings any more. The vet doesn't think we'll have him much longer. The cysts concern me the most - I can't bear the see him uncomfortable and he's too old for surgery. I'm afraid that the time is coming when I'll be faced with making that difficult decision that we all dread. How will I know when the time has come? And how can I live with myself if I end the life of my dearest and best friend?

I don't want him gone, but if he has to go I do want so much for it to happen in his sleep...:(:(:(

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moe is gone. And I feel every bit as bad as I thought I would. My mind knows it was right but my heart is broken. :(:(:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.