Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yep I have to agree... you'll know when the time comes. He'll tell you and it's then that you have to be brave enough to let him go. Whenever our inlaws dogs got older and our Savana I told them "It's ok to go, we'll miss you forever but if you are ready then it's alright to go." They never did go on their own but I always wanted them to know that it was ok if they needed to.

Then when it is time, be brave enough to be there with him. Don't leave him alone in the vets office without you there to hold his paw. It's hard enough but at least then they know you are there till the end.

As for how will you live with it? You will know that you weren't being selfish by keeping him here when he was uncomfortable and in pain. You'll know that you were doing the kindest thing for him you could by letting him go comfortably. It's never easy but you can't keep them forever, he'll always be with you in your heart.

·
Registered
297 Posts
We're here with you. It's never easy no matter how bad they are feeling. It will get easier with time but no matter what you'll never forget them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.