Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned somewhere that Moe had developed a golf-ball sized cyst on his front foot just above his toes a month or so ago. We waited a while to see if it would shrink down, as had happened with a couple other cysts he had. At first it seemed like it might - it would slightly decrease in size but then get as big as before. Off to the vet we went for a consult. The vet thinks it should be removed (we agreed) but there is no hurry, thankfully. The sooner the better, so it doesn't burst as he goes about his normal wild-and-crazy routine. I have time to save for the surgery but sometime in the next few weeks we'll have it removed. Poor Moe! He HATES the vet after getting stitches a couple years ago - this new vetinary experience won't help any!

Terry

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Poor Moe! :(

Yogi gets those cysts, but usually small ones. And your vet's right --- you don't want it to pop if it's that big. A small one Yogi's had since he was just a pup --- in fact, I think he's had it since I've had him -- burst a few months ago and it was a mess. It was just a tiny thing --- pea size or maybe a tad bit more --- but it took what seemed like days for it to fully drain.

Yogi did enjoy the warm compresses I kept putting on it though. :D

In any case, yea --- let the vet take care of that one!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm sure Moe will do just fine. I'm also just as sure that you will give him some extra lovin as he recovers. Poor guy. Noonie has a cyst too. The last time I took him to the vet they suggested surgery because it was so big. It has now shrunk down to almost nothing. As soon as it starts coming back I will take him in and get it removed. Anyway, good luck with Moe.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've scheduled Moe's surgery for this Thursday. :( They'll remove his cyst, clean his teeth, and trim his nails. I'm sure he'll be fine, but I'LL be wreck till he comes back home that evening. Maybe I'll be a wreck even afterwards... when he was nuetered I embarrassed myself by calling THREE different vets in an attempt to get someone (ANYONE) to give him something for the terrible pain I imagined him to be in. The day after his nuetering he was back to his old wild-and-crazy self with absolutely no sign of discomfort. I had to admit that all three vets were correct about him. Maybe I should request some some drugs for myself this time? ;)

Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts