Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Betsy or Barbara - can you make this a permanent post, please? Thanks!

CYBERHOUND LAS VEGAS 2007 has been scheduled for March 2nd, 3rd & 4th, 2007 (check out date on 4th). As of right now we have the following:

People w/Dogs: 10 people & 7 dogs = 5 Rooms needed
People w/o Dogs: 20 (w/5 tentative) = 10 Rooms needed

We are looking at getting a block of rooms at either the Motel 6 Tropicana or Hawthorne Suites - The Strip, if either are available.

What we are looking for now is for people to continue to sign up for the next couple of weeks and then we'll pursue the rooms. As soon as we can get a handle on the hotel situation, I will post the email address and telephone number and everyone will be responsible for making their own reservations.

We're looking at having a get-together on Friday evening (2nd) - cocktail/social hour(s). Then on Saturday a picnic/bar-b-que at a dog park and more socializiing and puppy playing. On Saturday night it will be a free night for those of you (us) that want to do your own thing. Sunday maybe we can all get together again for a brunch of some sort or anything anyone else can think of doing. I'm soliciting any and all ideas for activities and other suggestions. Just PM me or Sandy and we'll go from there.

Hope this helps people set their schedules and ups the excitement! Viva Las Vegas!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
AAAWWWWW. You can take us off the tentative list. Biggest weekend and busiest of the year for DH and myself. I'm going to have to settle for a trip to Moose Jaw for a mini reunion Sandy. My heart will be in Vegas in March, however I will have to live vicariously through the pictures that come back. Sorry about that.

Susan and Wilson

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
BUMP. Hope everyone is reading this! Lynne and I, and a few other basset enthusiasts :D are going to be in Vegas next March, anyone else coming? The more the merrier! :D

Susan, we will have a little reunion of our own. Did you know there are basset walks in Regina on Sundays at one? They are at a dog park, just don't know which one... :?

Sandy

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Okay, 2 humans and 2 hounds are ready to go here!

I will check with a couple of my friends who have bassets but aren't the members of Cyberhound. Perhaps, they would like to join as well.
Will it be okay?

Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course it would be okay. The more the merrier! Please make sure they are aware of the hotel arrangements when they are finalized, okay?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
A bit of a problem....didn't someone say that weekend is a Naascar event? I just went online to Hawthorn Suites on the strip to see the amenities thinking that we WOULD stay there, but guess what? No rooms availiable for that weekend!

Are you sure we want to be trying to do our get-together the same weekend of a big event?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:39 pm Post subject: PLEASE READ - LAS VEGAS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone - I will be updating the Cyberhound Las Vegas 2007 post with a confirmation code as soon as I get it, but wanted everyone to notice this first.

I have reserved 30 rooms at the Motel 6 Tropicana in Las Vegas, Nevada for March 2nd through March 4th (checking out on the morning of March 5th). They are aware that some of us are bringing hounds and that is A-OK. I will also find out (cuz' I forgot to ask ) about pet deposits.

I will be getting a confirmation number from them in the next couple of days and will post that under the permanent CLV-2007 post but this is how it will work:

The room price for 2 people is $71.99 per night, for one person it is $65.99. Once I get the confirmation code, you all will be responsible for securing your own rooms. All rooms must be confirmed within 30 days of the reservation date (by February 2nd). Any room not confirmed by this date will be let back into circulation. Anyone wanting to come a day or so early or stay a day or so later needs to make that arrangement at the time of confirmation.

Anyone with any questions, let me know and I'll work through them. The ball is officially rolling towards Las Vegas. Remember - what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!

Lynne

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry I can,t commit at the moment we are still hoping to come but my husband has a big big birthday(60) on the 30th december and my daughter and her fiance want us to go to houston and florida then to celebrate( he loves disney big kid)so we would only just be getting back and he has been asked to be President for Welsh swimming for 2007/2008 so we have to check what his commitment is to that.If we can make it and there are no rooms left I,m sure we can find somewhere to stay and meet up with everyone.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Cindy, I hope too you again at the Kingsburg Waddle next weekend!

Yeah, I think it is a good idea to schedule our event in a different week than Nascar week. Otherwise, things might get a bit too expensive and overly crowded on the road - it will be too stressful on the road.
Basset event needs to be by its own, we are the STARs!! (I mean the bassets are the stars). So the whole weekend should belong to US!! :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts