Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this Saturday is the three month anniversary of the day my poor humanz lost their second basset hound in less than one month. I've helped to heal their hearts, but they keep saying they'll never forget Lulu and Austin, their first ever hounds. Not sure where I'm going with this thread particularly... maybe just a quick tribute in pictures for those that have lost a beloved furkid(s) and want to reminisce. I think the daphneyland thread made me think i'd do this. My cousin Lulu and her step brother Austin meant so much to them I thought I'd pay tribute. TO THE DEPARTED HOUNDS!!! They give so much and ask so little and forever have a place in the hearts of the humans! RIP Sweet Lulu and Austin!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What beautiful dogs...than you for sharing their pictures! It's tough to lose them. It will be one year on June 22 since we lost Zoey, our 1st dog, to a stroke. While Molly and Winston are helping us heal, I still miss Zoey enormously and always will.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Oh Esther!!! Now you're making me want to cry! I haven't had to lose a pup yet but just the thought of losing Doppler or Virga chokes me up and makes me break out into sobs.

RIP all the sweet hounds that are waiting for their humans at the bridge and I'm sorry for your losses, no matter how long ago, to everyone who's had to lose a pup.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Esther, you are a sweetheart!

I lost my Daisy May almost 2 years ago (Aust. Shepherd/Blue Heeler), and I still miss her even tho I have Boomer.

And let me add, all the sweet kitty cats that will be there, too. RIP, Dusty - 12/31/10

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah. the [email protected]... Yes, they did indeed lose a kittycat named Jaco in October before that dreadful month of January. He was 15. His littermate Ozzie is still in the house. I want to run and play with her. She'll have none of that. Shoulda seen her when SHEhuman had all of us in the bathroom together during the tornado stuff a couple nights ago. Ozzie was none too pleased. ha!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Lulu and Austin were beautiful hounds! Thanks for sharing their pictures. It must have been so hard to lose two so close together. I'm so glad your humans got you as their heart-healing hound, Esther.

It's been just over a year and a half since we said goodbye to Scully. She was my heart and my world, and I will miss her forever. Not sure I've ever posted her tribute on this particular forum, but if anyone wants to take a peek, here is the link:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yikes...bawling while watching the beautiful video of Scully. Awesome, thanks for sharing :)

I can't even think about losing my little furballs, it's too much.

Esther, it appears to me that Lulu and Austin were keeping the couch warm until you came along :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wow...thank you all so much for sharing these heart felt memorials....(as I wipe the tears from my face)...it is so hard to say goodbye to a heart that has meant so much to us and asked so little...

I have said this many times (so if It gets old you can tell me to stop)...Heaven is the place that when we get to all the animals we have ever loved come running out to great us...what a wonderful day that will be...and that is heaven to me...

Thank you Esther for starting this link and for warming the hearts not only of your humans but us humans too who have never even had the chance to pet you.

Woody's mom

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Awww... Estha. nice of you to post about them.

we love that picture of the 2 of them lying on the couch like that-- amazing they could sit like that and so cute! makes us want to get Worm a pal.

well, your humanz couldn't have done any better than getting you with your spunk. we are sure you keep them entertained every single day, from what it sounds like!

and what a beautiful tribute to Scully.

·
Registered
972 Posts
ah, these threads always make me cry and worry for when i'm going to have to go through losing Bowser...he's my world and I've never felt as strongly about an animal as i do him. My heart goes out to each and every one of you who have lost their little furry ones :(

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jaleely,

I hope I didn't make you sad. I think the intent was to just say cherish every moment. Humanz couldn't talk about them without drooling outta their eyes for a while but now when they talk about them they smile and laugh. And then fuss at me for stealing underwear, but I digress. So don't be sad now... go hug that boy! Now what did I do with that stash that I bacon-napped earlier...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts