Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are seeking a new home for our family basset, Milton. He is a six year old, neutered male, who loves life and is still as energetic as a pup! He is absolutely one of the prettiest bassets we've ever seen! We love Milton very much, but are unable to continue to care for him. We have a 16 year old beagle who doesn't like Milton's energetic personality and who does not appreciate his company! We are also an elderly couple with health problems and we aren't able to give Milton the attention he deserves. Milton is a loyal, sweet pet who loves his family very much. He should most likely live with a family who does not have any other pets. He has never been around children, so we are unsure of how he would act around them. He is a little shy, but warms up to new people after a short time. He would make a great companion for someone living alone. We have contacted our local Basset Hound Rescue, but they are unable to help at this time. Please contact me if you are interested in adopting Milton, or if you know of an agency that can help us. We are located in Birmingham, AL. Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awwh, Milton is a handsome Basset Boy! I just lost mine a month ago to lymphoma......and have been looking on Petfinder some........but I am in WV?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awww what a gorgeous boy, you must be heartbroken at having to give him up... I know I would.
But what better place to let people know than the Basset forum! I hope he will get just the best home with loving new owners!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I thought of another option for you, I know of a newer started basset rescue (Barsce I think) out of Columbia SC......I am pretty sure they will rescue out of state, may be worth a try, if you private message me I can give you a contact.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
www.bhra.org

my humans adopted one from there and had a pleasant experience.
It is in Homewood,AL, although I think the foster home was in Opelika.
Both near you though.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Also, didn't there used to be a rescue group thing called Rides Across America to help rescued hounds travel to their forever homes. I think like one person would drive 150mi and meet another person who did the same etc until the hound got there? I'd be confused, but that's me.

I'll ask my houndie friends milton

·
Registered
113 Posts
Awwwwe! What a pretty boy!! I'm from the area (Corner, AL) and work in Homewood. I wish we could take him but right now we just don't have time to devote to another one. Since I'm from the area I can ask a friend of mine who is with Safe Haven Animal Rescue if she can help. Just let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts