Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sally was never much of a cuddler when she was younger, but the last couple of years she's really become a lap sitter! At 56 pounds it's hard to breathe sometimes, but in cold weather she keeps you very warm.............. :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Her ears are gorgeous--Yup, we really appreciate our two when we have a 'three dog night' around here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have 17month old girl (Ellie) and she was always pretty cuddly. Her favorite is her two front paws on your sternum (pressing firmly I might add) :) We recently got a new puppy ( Clara) and Ellie is a little jealous the cuddling has definitely increased. We now have to share our bed with 2. It may be time to invest in a larger bed :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's funny how these bassets really aren't happy with just a lap - they end up taking over our whole bodies!

I start off laying on my side on the couch, and José climbs over me to put his paws on my side/hips and his butt on the couch. Uncomfortable for us both, so I cave in & lay down on my back, he walks on me with his front paws on my shoulders & manages to get his fat butt up on my legs. Next thing I know, I have a 67 lb basset crushing me, with his neck or (worse) face right on my face. (kind of like your picture) ...and I stay there, you know, because HE seems so comfortable... :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts