Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering, although perhaps it's unlikely :confused: whether anybody other than here in the UK, is coming to the show. Hounds/Terriers will be judged on Friday, 9th March, this year. If you've never been, (it's a bit late to come this year), you might put it on your 'bucket list'. Although it's a huge show I believe everybody should make at least one trip if possible :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Switherland Smart Alice.....do you know if she is a littermate to Switherland Smart Alec? Trying to find her pedigree and not having much luck. Whippet was pretty nice too, but not a much front as the dogs in the US....nice tho!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Switherland Smart Alice.....do you know if she is a littermate to Switherland Smart Alec? Trying to find her pedigree and not having much luck. Whippet was pretty nice too, but not a much front as the dogs in the US....nice tho!
From my KCSB Records, she was sired by Switherland Smart Alec x Switherland Designer Girl. So she's his daughter. She goes back on the colaboration they have with Russian Bassets - Buffobass who they have 'exchanged' Bassets with. Some Switherlands going there and some Buffobass coming back to the UK. She also carries lines to the Kortebin Bassets (UK) which took them from their more often seen bicolours, to some tricolour hounds. I think they may have needed to take on some tricolours, to help with pigmentation.

Loved the Whippet who is very like mine in colour - she was Group 2 (Hounds) at Crufts last year. The BIS show judge this year has Beagles, and now also Whippets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts