Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! This is a X-post because I didnt realize the other forum location is quite idle lol

Hope everyone is well!

So last year in December my girl had puppies. It wasnt planned or intentional. Any time she went into heat, I would always put a diaper on her and keep her and the boy separated. But he got loose, the diaper was ripped off and it happened.

Anyway, she had 9 puppies and they were all born healthy and on their own while I was at work.

I sold all 9 puppies.

A seller has reached out saying the puppy they picked now has hip dysplasia, arthritis and angular limb deformation.

Shes being aggressive saying this is all genetic and the vet said its so serious he might report it to the state to make sure i dont breed anymore, etc etc.

Im not a breeder at all. It happened unplanned. Im not registered as a breeder at all.

She wants her money back.

What should I do in this case? Its been 6-7 months now.

*** A little more information.

A few months after the purchase, the pups paw got stuck its crate apparently and fractured. It was bandaged up by their vet.

Reading the vets current diagnostic, the pup is limping and has decreased motion on right side. Tender on right front paw.

When I see the photo of the pup, its the right front paw that was hurt a couple of months back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your best bet is to consult an attorney. You need legal advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel like thats not worth the price of the pup lol

Not diminishing the VALUE but in terms of monetary terms, I dont think paying a lawyer is worth it.

Im all fine giving a refund if a refund is due. Im not a jerk and Im not trying to get rich from puppies. As stated, it was unplanned.

But a refund after 6-7 months? Is that normal?

Not long ago the puppy had gotten its paw stuck in its crate and fractured I believe. He was bandaged up. Who knows what they have fed him or what he's been exposed to.

As a first time and only time father of puppies, Im not just familiar with puppy sales. I gave them their shots and had each buyer sign a form saying they had 3 days to have the vet check them out and make sure they were healthy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts