Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
General does the exact same thing at least 3 times a week for no reason what so ever. He also does that after his ear cleaning solution as well as after a bath. My wife thinks he's nuts so i hadda show her your film, which is by the way the second or third film i've seen with a Basset acting that way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Floyd does the exact same thing! Usually after he's played with his rubber ball and gotten himself REALLY excited. Of course, he adds his own unique craziness to it by including the couch and chair.

Does anyone else have a basset that will perch on the back of the couch or on the armrests? He's earned the nickname Senor Kitty Cat by doing this... I'm almost convinced he was raised by cats!

·
Registered
360 Posts
The Basset 500 ...or my husband calls it the 50 yard dash. Ours like to slide around the corners and crash into the walls. Or each other.

It is funny how this can go on for minutes ...and then they stop and walk away, breathing heavy ...like they are wainting for their trophy!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twinkie almost always does a figure 8.

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
109 Posts
yep

eeyore does it too ... I wear guacho pants regularly and when he sees me wear them he goes nut and starts barking running and biting at them ... also he hates when anyone wears socks in the house...he goes ba zurk

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sally does the basset 500 when we put Daisy's collar on, since that means we are going out. Daisy doesn't wear a collar in the house as she get skinfold dermatitis on her neck. All we have to say is "where's Daisy's necklace?" and Sally is off and running :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
:lol: I love it! As I have read through the replies, I notice Flash isn't the only silly basset that decides to take a dash back and forth through the house! I loved the video BTW :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Louie does the same thing. Especially after a bath...Or he lays on the rug on his back and makes this funny noise, like he is saying Roww Roww...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to take a new, longer video. This one only shows the tip of the iceberg! I will try to get start to finish - starts with the crazy look in his eyes (think 'possessed by the devil') then the running, barking at corners. He likes to incorporate some body slams up on the couch too. Then the fast & furious digging on the carpet & barking at whatever imaginary thing he is digging. It's so comical.

New people over my house seem to think he is nuts, but I explain he is just a basset!

I will try to get a video of the Parade of the Bone, too. Another (more subdued) ritual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts