Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately Byron has been having a problem holding his bladder. In the last week, I have come home to find Byron has wet himself in his crate. The first time I was delayed at worka few hours and was not very surprised. However, yesterday it happened again and I was not delayed. I figured he is being left alone for too long; my husband who is usually home for a few hours in the morning, has been away on business for the passed two weeks. He thinks that the reason Byron is wetting his crate is because of the water bottle I have left for him. He suggests taking it out. I have a problem leaving Byron without water for up to eight hours.

I brought Byron to my parents' house this morning, and the samething happened; my sister came home to puddles in the pen he was left in. He was only left for about four hours. I don't know if something is wrong. He has never wet himself in his crate before. He has been left for long periods without incident.

My sister-in-law has agreed to walk him tomorrow afternoon, and I am trying to talk my husband into getting a dog walker. He has a problem with letting a stranger into our home. The other alternative is doggy daycare which is expesive around here. But if my sister-in-law is unavailable, my husband away, and I'm working late, a dog walker would be a good option. I don't know what to do about this. Any advice would be more than welcome.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you want to go the route of a dog walker, have you thought of neighborhood kids? Or even a neighbor. I am a SAHM, but I let 2 of my neighbors dogs out for them while they are gone.

Just a thought...

Good luck!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is Byron?

[ February 28, 2006, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Lynne & Huck ]

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Whenever a dog starts wetting, a urinary tract infection is a possibility. A trip to the vet is always a good idea in this situation.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Byron is 10 months. I thought about the possibility of a UTI, but he is fine all night. I would think that he would have to go all the time.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe its just the change of routine because your husband's gone. I've found that Twinkie is very sensitive to change. Our routine was all screwed up a couple of weeks ago when my father passed away. Our hours were all messed up and she was left crated much longer than we usually do while we were at visitation. She didn't respond by wetting, but she did go off her food and still hasn't come back to exactly the way she was before all this happened.

Janet 'n Twinkie (Missing her Grampy.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts