sorry it does not work that way you open your self up for critisim fair or not simply by running a business on the net. and that is how people/consumers will share info.else. If you have any concerns, please come and visit me before posting them on a public forum
is a lame excuse for not showing. First if you are healthy enough to raise dogs you can show them but even given that you think a wheel chair cane etc would interfere in getting a fair shake in the show ring there are alternative. Many breeder do not show their own dogs but hire someone else to do so. Also the fact that you have not gotten any clientel to show is telling as well.do not show because I have Multiple Sclerosis.
The purpose of showing it to get an independant evaluation on the quality of the dogs, looking like they are suppose to and having proper movement and structure io perform what they were originally intended to do. . Granted it is just one aspected of the overall quality of a dog but it is an important one and one where a breeder own biases can play a major role in getting them off track hence the importance of having an independant eye judge such merits Some other thing are a bit more objective and the breeder can make verifiable rational judgements
The Breeed standard in the UK and as a conscequence all across europe has changed to modify what was thought as excess in basset in the UK that have led to heath and physical problems of the breed. I not starting a debate on the varacity of such claims only the the kennel club and member clubs felt it necessary to change the standard to adress these supposed excess When this can occur even with policing through show etc really point out the dangers that can occur when a breedesr start breeding to their individual preferrences and standards rather than that of what a collective of responsible and dedicated individule believe is best for the breed.
Showing is not the be all end all of being responsive to protecting the breed and breeding to improve the breed , there are other ways to demonstrated this such as proving the dogs in the activity the were intial bred to perform , field trial or better yet both confirmation and field trial ie dual champions,
Abscent those two things it is very difficult to impossible to make a claim as to breeding for the betterment of the breed, which is a tenet of most for being a responcible breeder hence the reason it becaome and issue for many but there are other.
not say there are write or wrong answers to any individual question but how they are answered is going to effect individulaes regard to how responsibilbe a breed you are or not. There is no black and white devididing long each individual has to make that judgement on their own
1. what genetic testing is done on sire , dam before mating and subesquently when appropriate on offspring
2. in abscence of genetic testing or their being a gentic test what step do you take to minimize other none genetic risk that are known to occur in bassets. from hip displaysia to allergies and tons that are a lot more serious.
3. what health gurantees do you give. Is the genetic problem have a time limit as many if not most do not show up for 5 -10 years. Are you willing to help pay for or bear the entire cost for treatment of a probelm that is genetic in origin
4. how do you prevent puppies / dog that are not breeding quality that you sell from adding to the number of dogs produced each year, limit akc registration, spay, nueter contracts veting of perspective owners etc.
5. Do you take responsibility for every dog you produce., while you take anyone back no questions asked to be carefore for life or until a suitable home can be found.
6 what step do you take to socialize puppies to the home environment and other dogs including other breedsIt's also not a lucrative business either as we hardly make any money because it all goes back into the dogs
most quality and responsibile breaders loose money they breed for the betterment of the breed not profit.