Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat. night I notice a few drops of blood on the floor. I checked the houndies over and no one was injured (halleulia!), so I then thought that maybe Mandy was coming into heat. Checked her out and she didn't appear to be. So I decided it was just one of those mysteries that I'd never solve. Then yesterday I noticed that Coop's drool was bloody. I checked his mouth as best I could, but one side was very tender so I didn't want to look any closer for fear of making something worse. So, we hope in the car and head to the vet's.

Poor baby has a mass of something inside his cheek - vetlady didn't want to really check it out until he's under. So, he goes in this morning to have it removed and to get a dental while he's there.

He was miserable yesterday afternoon. He laid on his chair with his eyes following me everywhere - but when I tried to comfort him he growled at me. Must be hurting a lot. Luckily it will be taken care of very shortly.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Poor Coop. Let us know how it goes.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was "just" a nasty infected tooth. I am feeling so bad that I didn't notice it sooner....I'm sure it hurt him.

He got home last night and slept off the anesthesia and woke up this morning rarin' to go. He's on soft food for a few days - wo he's in 7th heaven!

Thanks for the drool.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm sure it had to hurt him, too, but since they can't tell us when they're in pain, we just have to wait until we notice something is off. It's incredible how much pain a dog can tolerate, which is why I think pano has to be horribly painful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts