Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought these at PetSmart today. There was a bulldog at the Bark In The Park we hosted here on Saturday. It was VERY hot that day. He had one on and he seemed pretty comfortable. I think Rusty especially could use one. We walk 2 to 3 miles and go to alot of parks and doggie events. It's hot here in Florida and he gets very uncomfortable with all his extra skin. There were NO instructions with it?? I found some info on the internet. It says to soak it in cold water for 30 minutes and refrigerate. After using, let it air dry then repeat the soaking process for next time.

This bulldogs felt so cold, I thought it would be kept in the freezer?? Anyone use one??

Outward Hound Cool-it Bandana

Cool-it Bandana is the stylish way to keep your pet cool! made with non-toxic polymer crystals that can absorb up to 30 times their wt. and stay cool for several hours! Edged with a reflective strip for easy visibility. Reusable and hand washable

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
This bulldogs felt so cold, I thought it would be kept in the freezer?? Anyone use one??

Outward Hound Cool-it Bandana

Cool-it Bandana is the stylish way to keep your pet cool! made with non-toxic polymer crystals that can absorb up to 30 times their wt. and stay cool for several hours! Edged with a reflective strip for easy visibility. Reusable and hand washable[/b]
Toughy had a cool coat I tried for agility trial after soaking it was so heavy he would not move with it on. If the Bandana is frozen the polymer 1. can be damaged and 2. it will freeze solid in shape so you can put it on. 3. evaporative cooling is more effective than convection, That is there is more cooling power converting liquid water to a gas than putting something extemely cold around the neck. It may not offer as much instant relief much has a much longer overall effect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts