Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

i have a 13 week old basset, and she just started wearing her collar she really really hates it though, she's always trying to get it off.

anybody else have this problem with their pups?

:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Make sure it's not so tight that it is bothering her. Also it has to be not so loose that she might get something tangled in it. Then wait until she stops trying to get it off. We didn't have that problem with Daisy. But then sheps always been such a princess lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no its not necessary for her to have it on all the time, just concerned when we come to take her for walks she's going to be fighting to get out of her collar, she's just had her second vacinations so is able to go walking in public now.

:)

[ February 19, 2006, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: Rachael ]

J

·
0 Posts
José does not wear a collar indoors. It just seems uncomfortable for him. I could put one on rather loose but then that wouldnt do if going for a walk. He leads a rather sheltered indoor life too, so no collar on at all times makes sense for him. Any walks or going outside always have a collar.

I was thinking of just getting a chain collar for him that was loose, just to have an ID on him at all times in the event he got away.

A

·
0 Posts
We've used a break-a-way harness for years. We did have a little collar when she was a baby but she out grew that pretty quickly.

She has a collar now with her tags on it which we call her pearls or her necklace. I'll tell her to come over and "Ruby, put your head in your necklace" and she will!

Or I'll say, "Ruby, where are your pearls?" and she'll look at her collar which is on the floor or where ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts