Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Yes. However, I am assuming this is a picture of a puppy for sale? Normally pictures of that style indicate the type of breeder I would not recommend, and clearly you already have reservations about this person. I would suggest looking elsewhere. Try contacting your nearest Basset Hound club for help, there is a listing on the Basset Hound Club of America website.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
I don't see anything written indicating the picture is misleading. However calling the puppy in the above picture lemon and white could be construed as such but what is lemon vs what is red is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I don't see anything written indicating the picture is misleading. However call the puppy in the above picture lemon and white could be construed as such but what is lemon vs what is red is in the eye of the beholder.

LOL - to me, that puppy would be a red and white. Lemons tend to be much lighter early on although they do darken somewhat, with maturity - and then go back to almost white, in old age. :p He looks like a typical Basset puppy, to me. I'd also ask why you are worried, and if you are, don't buy, move on. The breeder/new owner relationship should be a good one, from the outset. To an expert, there will always be things the individual doesn't like - nit picking, but provided he's healthy, at this age he could be anything! Are you intending to show, or that he'll just be a pet (not that my show dogs weren't pets, firstly!!).

Yes, contact the relevant Breed Club where you are and hopefully these people will be listed as members - Clubs have Codes of Ethics which 'should' rule out BYBs. I hope you intend to go visit the breeder and see mum with the litter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts