Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know what kind of carpet cleaners do you use to clean up dog vomit? Last night I tried peroxide for the first time and I was amazed how well it cleaned up the stain. I think it has to be a fairly new bottle to work though. I have tried a number of carpet cleaning products and they don't seem to work very well for dog vomit.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
You do need to be carful with peroxide because it can bleach.

as for the best best carpet cleaner. Um that would be a sharp knife and sweat equatity to rip the stuff out and put in a hard surface flooring. :lol:
You'll be amazed how much more time in the day you have not haveing to clean and vacuum it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use white vinegar to get anything and everything off the carpet, plus its safe for the hounds..
My best friend is a carpet cleaned by trade and that what she uses for work..

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: You got that right! :lol:

as for the best best carpet cleaner. Um that would be a sharp knife and sweat equatity to rip the stuff out and put in a hard surface flooring. :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
>> as for the best best carpet cleaner. Um that would be a sharp knife and sweat equatity to rip the stuff out and put in a hard surface flooring. :lol:

Tearing up the carpet, sanding and finishing the hardwood floor worked for us :)

In the room that still has carpet (admittedly, not in the best of shape) we use a product not so subtly called "PEE-PEE", also called, "WEE-WEE". It's an organic stain eating enzyme product. I also get out the carpet shampooer every other month or two. If you have carpet and anything but the most unusually well behaved pets, you need a carpet shampooer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts