Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in preparation for our annual cruise, both Huck & Grace needed to have their annual physicals. Gracie got her booster shots and weighed in at a very healthy (but slightly overweight) 88 lbs! Doc says to go to a food for less active adults and feed in the AM so she can burn off the calories better. She needs to drop "a few" to about 75 lbs. Would certainly help if hubby-dearest would stop putting table scraps into her food :(

Hucky-Bear weighed in at 55 lbs. and Doc says that he could have a little more "definition" to him but otherwise was absolutely beauty-muss! Ears look great ("Cleanest Basset ears I've ever seen!"), coat all nice and shiny, and.....he didn't growl or snap once! I was so proud of him!!

I love my vet cuz' he has Bassets too. His old girl, Cleo, is almost 15 but as he says, "Looks 400". He just recently got two more pups - Crush and Lily. It's just really nice to know that your vet KNOWS Bassets from personal experience. Oh, BTW, for anyone who was wondering, Doc confirmed that Huck is 100% Basset. Several people have thought he was a mix cuz' his legs are abit longer than other Bassets. Nope - he's a pure bred! 8)

Just wanted to share cuz' it made me feel good today to know that all is well in our doggy family! :D :D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
WE LOVE good vet visits. Glad that the only "problem" is a few pounds. And I'll bet Grace doesn't consider that a probelm.

Did you post a while back that you were thinking of leaving Huck & Grace home this year? I could've been dreaming....

Your annual cruise always sounds so wonderful.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, we are still considering leaving them home. It's really tough for me to consider this but having both of them on the boat is also difficult at times. It's very hard to explain but the further North you go, the less beach there is as the treeline comes down directly to the water. This makes potty runs difficult and sometimes dangerous. Also, Gracie is a real B_ _ _ CH on the leash when with Huck - alone she's fine but with both of them at once she'll pull my arm out of socket. So nless I want to do double duty, it's pretty tiring (four potty runs a day). We'll have a house sublet-er this year who will watch them if we want and she has a Boxer about Grace's age. I'm thinking of just leaving Grace but then hubby is giving me the guilt trip so I'm not sure what we'll do. Grrrr- I hate making these decisions! :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts