Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Any suggestions? It's almost like Claire can stand her for a few minutes, then she snaps at her. I'm so upset, I really thought that Claire would like her. I'm starting to feel guilty that claire is so upset about the new puppy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Annie
[/quote]

I can't tell from your email--have you had an adult dog and a puppy at the same time before? If so, is this different from the usual routine of the older dog indicating to the puppy how to behave, and putting the pup in it's place when it gets too cheeky?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yes, I have had an adult dog and puppy before. As a matter of fact, Porkchop corrects Ava when she gets too hyper or nippy. But this just seems different, Ava doesn't necessarily have to be too rowdy or in her personal space for Claire to get snappy. A few days ago, Ava simply walked by her and Claire snapped at her.
I may be acting too over protective and may need to let Claire let her know who's boss? Like I said, I just don't want them to get hurt, and some guidance on "how much is enough" from maybe someone that has had a similiar situation would be great.
Thanks![/b]
Hi,

I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help. We've always had two bassets, and when we've brought a puppy home, the older dog would correct the younger one, but I haven't had a situation like that. I'm replying to this in part because it'll get bumped up, and maybe some one who can help will see it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.