Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting no answers to my questions about "Nutro Ultra" (no reply whatsoever to my emails!) , I've started looking for an alternative for the time being. We tried the Innova Senior Dog formula and they HATE it. They left more and more kibble in the bowl each day, until I finally just gave up.

My friend brought over a large ziplock of the "Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul" today and my dogs gobbled it down like it was treats. I've read good things so far but I wanted to post in case there's something I've missed. This might be a keeper but I think it's going to be hard to get.

Are any of you presently feeding this to your hounds?

·
Registered
662 Posts
After my mother tried it a while back with her dog (a chow/lab cross) that's all she'll use. She will even drive out of her way if the store she normally goes to is out.

From her experiences with her dog and the stuff, she talks about how much nicer her dogs coat is, how much more energy she has, how nice her teeth are ... etc etc

The only thing preventing me from getting the same stuff for my houndies is the price... :blink:

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I believe it's made by Diamond. I'm still pretty leery of their stuff, after the fiasco with their food last year.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i wouldn't be leery at all.i think they are on top of it now.i would use it if i had to.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've never heard of it??? Curious to see what others say. My kids came to me eating Diamond. I was freaked out by the recall and now they eat Eukanuba dry!!!! I know the Eukanuba dry food wasn't effected but it still makes me wonder what to feed???? Hopefully you'll get some answers. Good Luck!!

BTW: I did try Nutro Lamb & Rice at one point and they both got loose stool and didn't like it. They LOVED Blue Buffalo but even after weeks of trying the transition they still had VERY loose stool. I was told it might be too rich???

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link and information. I didn't realize it was made by Diamond. Now I'm even more perplexed :unsure:

I think I might try one of the other Innova formulas. I can't find anything negative on the net. I just hope they will eat the Large Breed Formula. They didn't like the only other option.

Thanks again. And let's keep sharing info. This really helps.

Faye

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Manufacture by diamond, but not part of the diamond recall because it contains no corn which was the cause of the recall.

How many people stoped buying Dole banana's because of the e coli problem with salad greens? It is the same thing here.

FWIW never used Nutro Ultra but IMHO any of the so called "super premimium" human grade orgainc foods are general more hype than substance. I do include Nutro Hi energy in my mix of dog food however with good results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts