Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
i'd like to know how they got that big stick into the house. i dont know why i am asking they always find a way...
what's up with sticks anyway?....my basset is always finding them and chewing. you'd think that she was not being fed or treated.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh you should see Dozer drag one of these in. He hits the doggy door sideways, then he'll grab it by the end and drag it on in. He was draging one around the backyard the other day that was about 8-10 feet long, the branch was about 4" diameter on one end.
I have 18 Elm trees in my yard, and when the wind blows, I have a mess. Once in a while they fall into the dog's pen, and they end up in the house. Usually they are chewed up into smaller pieces. As you can tell in the picture, all the small pieces are gone.

Edited to add this picture. This happened this morning.

[ April 08, 2006, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: The 3 D's ]

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Georgia thinks that wood is the BEST! If she can't find anything outside to bring in she will move the wood pile from spot A to spot B. Some of the logs she pulls are almost as big as she is, but her determination gets them moved.

You're right, though, who needs store bought chew toys?

A

·
0 Posts
Yep - we have loggers at our house too. Must say tho it's more the Blab than the Basset. My beautiful butterfly bushes are only going to be blooming at the top this year :mad:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
 My beautiful butterfly bushes are only going to be blooming at the top this year
I had a huge Lilac bush in the backyard where their pen is now. It had a lot of little feeders coming up out of the ground all over. Now it just has the main trunk, all the little sprouts are gone. So is everything from 3' down.

·
Registered
813 Posts
We heat with a wood stove, so George is used to seeing us carry it in and break up little bits to use for kindling and such. He really loves hanging out in front of the stove, so he doesn't bother wood, but he did when we first got him. I guess he doesn't want to short our supply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts