Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We all know Basset Hounds are very sneaky and bossy, but check out our Gus! He's only a year old and he's 45 pounds. He is so terrible! His main goal in life is to ruin our lives. I think the most valuable thing he has destroyed is my roommates Army Achievement Medal Certificate.. haha. My friend and I thought it would be tepid to make him a website that includes pictures and videos (there's a video of him giving me a nose bleed using his phsyic powers). Can you tell me what you guys think? Any Ideas? Suggestions?

worstdogever.com

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
He's very handsome and looks like a sweet boy-even if the bookcase fell apart in 2 months he is still a dog-genius for taking on the project.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds alot like B.Basset my new foster. Only B. is 5 and ruled his previous KINGDOM with an iron hand in a spoilt brat basset suit! I commend your patience and sense of humour but remember to see he knows even "Kings" have parents who they must obey!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Gus is gorgeous and like all of our Basset Hounds.... so full of that special character that is unique to the breed! :cool:

My two sisters are so full of mischief and always do everything together like a little gang and it would take me too long to tell you all the mischief they have done in the 18 months since I got them as a cute pair of 9-week old pups but they are so full of fun and such a happy pair that our family don't mind... even though they are forever unpicking my knitting for one thing! One day they each grabbed a ball of wool and ran round the picnic table a few times!!!! Another day they unpicked a jumper I was knitting... and it was so tiring for them that they then lay down for a rest on the kitchen floor... even though they have several comfy beds and blankets, they often lay on the cold tiles!!!

Caught in the act!!!! My family think me mad for picking up the camera, rather than the wool....

Resting on the cold tiles after energetically chasing round the picnic table with my balls of wool.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oh my gosh, WAY too cute! Gotta love bassets.. especially when they give you that "attitude" when you try to make them listen, and the key word is "try"
Love the site, and gonna cruise it often to see what awaits in the next chapter of "Gus the worst dog ever"
Now if you all will excuse me, I have just been given orders from Miss Snickers, that she needs to go potty!

·
Registered
186 Posts
hahaha gus sounds a lot like toby! the most expensive thing he has destroyed so far is a $100 laptop charger.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow...Gus looks and acts almost identical to my Flash! I'll have to get some pics of him on here soon so everyone can meet him. Love the website!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
hahaha gus sounds a lot like toby! the most expensive thing he has destroyed so far is a $100 laptop charger.
One of our two sister Bassets wants to chew anything of ours that is plastic, including pens and tv remote controls but leaves all her own plastic toys intact! They both pinch food from the worktop if we don't push it far enough back and the other weekend they got through about six apples, a big lump of cheese and a dozen eggs and egg shells were all around the kitchen floor... so it's no wonder they have such shiny coats!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, thanks for your comments everyone! Yes, Gus is a real character. We just made the website last week so there will be many more updates to come! I appreciate all of you staying updated with Gus. Next week we should have some baby pictures up. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Gus is just being a boy! He is adorable and I love the site. He is like a little kid who can't figure out what to get into next.

·
Registered
103 Posts
gus for president 2012
That's awesome... I sooo agree!

Snickers has done her share of chewing as well...but I have a friend/neighbor who told me that when one of his pups was younger she got a hold of his wallet, chewed up credit cards, license, and $400 cash. He said that he saved the remains of the cash and did some "poop spelunking" and took it to the bank and got pretty near half of it back!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hah, Gus for president.. what a great idea! But I don't think we want our world to end anytime soon. Miss snickers, I'm glad that your friend got some of the money back! Unfortunately, we haven't gotten anything that Gus has stolen/destroyed. We're trying to locate his secret stash, which probably contains a passport, cash, credit cards, cell phones, rolex, IPad (even though it's not out yet), and other various stolen items. (Probably my nike sunglasses that I can not find).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hah, Gus for president.. what a great idea! But I don't think we want our world to end anytime soon. Miss snickers, I'm glad that your friend got some of the money back! Unfortunately, we haven't gotten anything that Gus has stolen/destroyed. We're trying to locate his secret stash, which probably contains a passport, cash, credit cards, cell phones, rolex, IPad (even though it's not out yet), and other various stolen items. (Probably my nike sunglasses that I can not find).
if gus runs toby said he would be his vice pres candidate.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
They both pinch food from the worktop if we don't push it far enough back
That only because they have not learned to open the door to the Fridge yet, I have a harrier and a basset that are eagar to teach them Just say the word!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
If you would like Fischy could teach gus to open cabinets and cupboards too, how to break child-proof locks, while Mariah teaches him to jump on the kitchen table, or for the less atheletically inclined Bandit the blind beagle will demonstrate how to push chairs around to gain access to higher locations like counter tops.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha, that's hilarious! Gus doesn't know how to do any of that.. yet. He does know how to steal your seat, fall asleep on your lap, and fall down when you try to pet him.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts