Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had new windows installed yesterday and some flies took advantage of the large holes in the house to get in. Ethel and Lucy went nuts...they chased the flies around the house until they wore themselves out and had to take a nap. Wish I had a video....we were in stitches.
Anyone else's hounds chase flies ?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Spencer is TERRIFIED of flies. Once as a pup, he was stung by a bee, & I honestly think he associates that with the buzzing flies. If a fly gets in the house, he drools, cries, pants & shakes. Everything stops until I kill the fly!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mr. Runcible does. He does not like flies; they really piss him off. So you can see he's real annoyed when he tries to get them.......... No fun, only kill! Not that he has actually managed to get one yet.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Moe can SMELL them. I swear he can! :eek: He'll be sleeping and suddenly he'll jerk awake, looking every which way, nose twitching like crazy. Then he starts tracking the darn thing... snorting, sniffing, and moving quickly around the house, looking high and low. Then when he spots it, he tries to catch it. He will not rest till he kills it or I do. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's not... it depends on what he's crashing into when he jumps! <_<

1 - 4 of 4 Posts