Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I took Charlie and Brandy to Michigan with me to mother sit in July. Charlie stopped itching by the time we got to Pittsburgh. I had always assumed it was a weed, but now think it is airborne. While in MI one lymphnode went completely down in his neck. He was walking the quarter mile trail around the back of my sisters property she lives in the country. He was running and happy. Sense coming home he is back to itching, but I put a child size t shirt on him so he can't rub his chest on the ground. My son says he looks like he's on a chain gang as the t shirt is striped. And it has been to hot to go out walking anywhere. So far he is holding his own the vet said without chemo he wouldn't make 2 months. By September he stops itching so I am hoping we can keep his chest protected for 4 more weeks. My sister offered to meet me in Pittsburgh and take him back to her house, but I don't feel she can handle him she has really bad knees and other medical problems plus taking care of our 90 year old mother. Which is why I didn't leave him with her she couldn't walk the quarter mile trail, and Brandy would be way to much for her to handle and she has to lay next to Charlie to sleep. It is going to be very difficult for her when Charlie passes no matter when that is.
Steph

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
It's nice that Charlie had such a good time in Michigan- I hope you have more good times with him as you go through the next months. Best wishes to you both as you deal with his illness.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

It was really nice to see him so happy he acted like a puppy. He was running to catch up with us walking on the trail and I told him he should stop running he was going to have a heart attack, and then I thought that wouldn't be a bad way to go running ears a flappin.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Glad he was feelimg better. It could be a weed that has spores carried by the wind, thus airborn. Did you go to Upper or lower Mi.? I'm in the U.P., also with 90 year old mother, we could have gotten them together.
Happy always feels better in the cooler weather, I wonder if that played a part in Charlie's ggod time.
Joan

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We were near Grayling. I grew up in a town called Mio it is on the Ausable river. I really don't know what causes his allergies here I had really thought it was him rubbing his belly in some weed in our backyard. Our house was built on an empty lot that was really grown over. Usually he starts itching in June and ends in Sept. This year he started in May as it warmed up really fast this year. It was pretty warm at my sisters while I was there in the 80's and she doesn't have airconditioning so I don't really think it is the heat. But really don't know. We have been dealing with it for 6 years.

B

·
0 Posts
Update on Duncan

Duncan hope U feel better real soon. Tummy Boy's Mom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts