Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since we bought Charlie this very nice and new bed a month ago, (this is his 3rd and last bed that he is getting) he now sleeps like a little baby in it. First thing that he does when it's time to go to sleep is, hop into his comfy, big bed, then he rolls over entirely on his back, then he spreads his legs open, and sticks out his big freckled tummy :p . I ketch him sleeping like this every night ever since we got this brand new bed. He does not sleep like this in his other beds but only in this one. So a few nights ago I quickly got out of bed turned on the lights and grabbed the camera and took a couple pics. I was also wondering if any of your bassets do the same.

Here are a few pictures of him sleeping. :)

Here are some pictures of Charlie playing in the grass.

I just can't believe that Charlie is almost 5 months, and 36lbs. I can still remember when we were just bringing him home from the breeder, when he was only 12lbs and 8 weeks old. :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That's funny. :) I love his freckles.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
He's a cutie pie! :D My 2 usually curl up into a ball to sleep...unless they are in the bed then they sprawl WAY out! <_<

~Heather

·
Registered
111 Posts
Way to go, Charlie !!
Miss Daisy does this sometimes when she sneeks into the chair. At night she sleeps in her pen curled up on several blankets.

Many Howls to you all,
Miss Daisy and her driver, Fritz

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our pup Howie (4 1/2 months old) does this as well, but no as often as charlie, Howie also tends to lay down flat on his stomach with his back legs stickin straight back, when he was home seeing our family they were quite amused by that position as they had never seen a dog lay like that before, there basset never did it, Does Charlie ever lay like that? (If you understand what I mean, don't got a picture, if I ever take one I will put it up!)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
When Yogi was a baby he slept like that quite often. Now he only does it once in awhile.
I love Charlie's dog bed! He is a very handsome boy!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Freddy, our last basset sometimes slept like that, but not Charles. Howie looks enormous in that picture! He looks like an adult basset already! Looks like he is a few weeks younger that Charlie too. (Howie=4 1/2 months) (Charlie=5 months)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ever since we bought Charlie this very nice and new bed a month ago, (this is his 3rd and last bed that he is getting) he now sleeps like a little baby in it. First thing that he does when it's time to go to sleep is, hop into his comfy, big bed, then he rolls over entirely on his back, then he spreads his legs open, and sticks out his big freckled tummy :p . I ketch him sleeping like this every night ever since we got this brand new bed. He does not sleep like this in his other beds but only in this one. So a few nights ago I quickly got out of bed turned on the lights and grabbed the camera and took a couple pics. I was also wondering if any of your bassets do the same.

Here are a few pictures of him sleeping. :)

Here are some pictures of Charlie playing in the grass.

I just can't believe that Charlie is almost 5 months, and 36lbs. I can still remember when we were just bringing him home from the breeder, when he was only 12lbs and 8 weeks old. :)

How Gorgeous is he Our Doogle sleeps like this all the time too, but so does my collie x. I think it's hillarious
Here is some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
haha! toby always sleeps like that! when i got up this morning he was still sleeping in his crate, all stretched out on his back!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Walter

My Walter sleeps like that everynight.....he sleeps with us in our bed and stretches out with his little feet in the air. He seldom curls up in a ball unless he is chilly.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Charlie is so incredibly handsome! What a good looking hound. Mine sometimes sleep like that. I heard that a truly secure dog sleeps on its back with its tummy exposed? Not sure if thats true but I'd like to believe it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ahh the life of a dog!! I love it! Mine do that. My Benny would sleep on the couch on is back all the time. When they were small they would sleep on their belly with both legs behind them. Daisy is a little "fatty" now, so she can only put one leg behind her. ... Shes on a diet. She has only lost 4 ponds in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mid summer's night dream

The position demonstrated by Charlie, is how Lucy would sleep on a hot summer night. Cooled off her undersite and allowed air to circulate into her ears. When she would come to me for her doggie massages, we'd start on her top side, head, neck, shoulders, spine, backside, then she'd role over to expose her belly for a rub down and leg, paw and toe, massage.(She loved to have her toes massaged but always put up a fight for toe nail clipping) The massage totally relaxed her, she'd remain sleeping on her back even when the massage was complete. The massage routine, seemed to help her feel better through a bout with Lyme's disease. Seeing her totally relaxed was comforting to me, we both benefitted from the doggie massages.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They definately are strange sleepers!
Sometimes I wonder how Hazel doesn't have a stiff neck.
she will sleep on her back completely twisted but is out like a light!!
She also likes to nuzzle under a made up bed and slither back up and lay her
head on the pillow like a person.
She thinks she is the queen of the house!
Hilarious!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts