Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

I have a 6 1/2 yr old baby boy . . . . love of my life. History of funny lumps that come and go but vet says they are just fatty tissue and not to worry. Took him for a walk today and he has this ball shaped thing below his neck. Came out of nowhere. He had just a bath a couple of days ago and it was not there. Feels kinda watery. Not hot (well kinda hard to tell . . . it's been 90 degrees here for weeks) . . . vet not open now.

Do I freak out?? It's huge. And Charlie is def slower but again it's hot and he hates the heat. Eating fine, peeing, pooping like he always does.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
The vast majority of lumps are harmless the problem is however is you can't tell a harmless lump from a serious one without a biopsy or fine needle asperation Even if the dog has 100's of lipomas (benign fatty tumors) before it does not mean the next one is not a cancer or abcess etc.

·
Registered
972 Posts
might just be a boil. i mean it will need to be drained. of course i WOULD freak out *lol* but def get to the vet when you can to check it out, but from the softness of it i'd lean more towards something not serious. here's rooting for that!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Please do get this checked quickly......hopefully will be nothing to worry about but better to be safe......let us know what the vet says

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Good to have it checked out-- please keep us posted.

if it's any consolation, my buddy Fred has one like that... sorta like a tennis ball hangin' off his chin. he's ok and the lump is benign.
--Worm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts