Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of changing the dogs food. Stickers was on Eukanuba Lamb & Rice which she liked and did well on. Rusty has been on Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hypoallergenic HP19 for bowel symptoms. The food has cleared up those symptoms but caused other issues. Also it's $82 for a 37 pound bag!!!!!!! It would be SO much easier to have them on the same food.

A friend has had her 2 Bassets on Eagle Pack Holistic Select Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon meal for quite awhile. She shows both of them and they are in great condition. So I started the transition so far with great results! The only drawback is it's not easy to find. In my area only health food stores carry it. I already shop at a huge one near my house so I got lucky. They LOVE it! I sure does stink though! I wanted a food with no beef, chicken or lamb so I think I may have found it!!!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Is the Eagle Pack expensive? I want to try and change Yogi's food but I am giving him a rest before I try again. About two months ago I tried to put him on AvoDerm Chicken instead of the beef kind and at first it went well and he seemed to like it but after a couple of weeks of being on the chicken he decided he didn't like it and stopped eating. :rolleyes: As soon as I started putting the beef back in he was a happy dog! :D He just picked the beef out and left the chicken behind so I switched him back to the beef much quicker than I normally would have. The other thing I wasn't too crazy about was his poop became huge on the chicken and much softer. The german shepherd's poop also got much softer but he loved the chicken so I ended up putting him back on the beef which took about 10 weeks to do since he has a sensitive stomach. I was thinking of trying Innova or Eagle Pack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts