Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what age do bassets stop changing colour?,Menna will have her first birthday on sunday and she is still losing the black on her back and legs I choose her because she was the only one with a fine copper line on her lower legs now all four legs are copper.
re travel sickness in case anyone has the same problem I tried everything anyone suggested on this site plus other things to no avail, what a surprise this week when she travelled without throwing up, the only thing that was different I had the aircon on. I always keep the car cool when the dogs are with me but it looks like I will be wearing a coat and scarf in the winter whenever I'm driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am not sure but I would like to know that also....the black on our basset's back is slowly turning brown, he has patches of it throughout his black. Do all basset's change colors? When my basset was younger he used to throw up all the time in the car, he just sorta grew out of it and now he absolutely loves car rides!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Beldin never really changed any of his colouring or spots or anything. He pretty much looks now the same as he did as a pup only bigger.

He did however develop more freckles and spots on his underside and tummy but nothing major.

Mocha on the other hand is quite different.

She was almost completely black as a pup... now her legs are all copper, her head is mostly copper and the white stripes she had accross her shoulders and hips are almost completely gone and she has copper "dusting" throughout the rest of her black areas.

She still seems to be changing too ... more copper - and she's a year and a half old as of the 12th of this month.

I've heard that apparently bassets continue to grow and change til about their 2nd year ... but another friend of mine says her basset STILL changes seasonally and she's about 7 years old.

:shock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts