·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lawsuit has been filed:

http://washingtontimes.com/upi/20060505-02...20520-2640r.htm

and

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/05/t...r.ap/index.html

I suspect the dog was placed on a choke collar, treadmill was started, person in charge walked away for awhile. Meantime, Gator was probably thrown off the back of the treadmill when he became fatigued, and his attempts to regain his footing earned him bruising on the back legs and a bloody snout, while the choke collar squeezed his neck, doing damage to his esophagus.

In the first place, I cannot believe someone would put a choke collar on a dog they're placing on a treadmill. Leaving the dog alone in these circumstances is doubling up on the stupidity. Very poor practice for any facility.

I hope this poor dog eventually recovers, but he clearly has a very long road ahead. As for the lawsuit, I don't see how Mr. Milan thinks he can beat this particular rap. I've been more than a little leary of this man and his gimickry for some time........

·
Registered
263 Posts
a friend of mine's mother took her 11 year old Cocker spaniel and my friend's 13 year old cocker spaniel to the groomer. Same place they've taken them for 11 years....apparently they put the 11 year old up on the table with its head in the "noose" and turned away and walked off....the poor baby tried to jump off and in a few seconds, ended up breaking her neck! All they said was sorry, she's never done that before...we'll buy you a new dog... needless to say her mother was devastated!

:cry:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The irony is a few days ago, South Park (the cartoon) was making fun of Cesar Millan for how good he is in training dogs.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think the dog's owner was a celebrity of sorts. I can't remembe who it was but it was someone in the entertainment industry. This will be interesting.

I do hope the dog has a full recovery. I shook my head at the idea that someone would just drop their dog off to be "trained" anyway. Who wants their dog to be mindful of a stranger?? I'd want to be part of the training, wouldn't you guys? Is this some kind of new trend? ...drop a bad dog off and pick up an obedient one a month later??

·
Registered
360 Posts
That South Park was hilarious. I can take or leave that show ...but it was funny because I've seen Ceasar's show. They way he kept saying "just ignore IT and it will stop ..."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts