Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what has gotten into Indy today, but he has been very nosey and curious (more than usual). This morning he managed to chew up my fiance's mouth guard... he nosed into the nightstand drawer and took it! He also took a large teddy bear out of a bag in my room and dragged it into the living room to play. We were taking down Christmas decorations today and throwing away some old ones that we don't want anymore. He got into the trash bag and had chewed into a candle and a centerpiece with foam balls that were dyed red. The dye turned my rug and his paws red! I am keeping a close eye on him because I am not sure if the dye could have been dangerous. Last of all he attempted to take his doggie bed out of his crate... he has never done that before! :huh:

Usually he is pretty well behaved... Anyone else have an issue where occasionally their dog gets in a naughty mood? I could never be mad at the sweet boy, but am a little confused as to his choice of activities today. Also, his eyes seem to be watery(not goopy just watery)... there is a constant stream goin from his eyes down the sides of his snout.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I used to hang little red (styrofoam) apples on my tree. Over the years, various dogs have sampled them, turning themselves and my pale beige carpeting bright red in the process. No harm has come of this experimentation--to the dogs, anyway. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well I have a 2 year old and an 8 year old basset. The 2 year old is constantly into something, she is getting better about it but you have to watch them, cus if she doesn't get the attention she wants she will get even. (just when you think they have gotten past a certain phase ... like eating shoes ... you let your guard down and your favorite shoe will get eaten) The 8 year old gets into things but on a very rare occassionally, usually cus he thinks it would be good to eat. I don't think they ever get over counter surfing..

·
Registered
511 Posts
:lol: red pawed is right! No question who was responsible for that mess huh? My Rosie is the rotten one around here .. . hence her nickname Rotten Rosie. It does seem that she saves up the naughty for a while and then boom .. naughty naughty naughty. I love every minute of it though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
A mouse got into those decorations and Indy got the red on himself chasing off those despicible rodents!.............I am pretty sure that's what happened.
don

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sounds like Indiana was a naughty boy today! :) He sure is adorable! It is really hard to stay mad at them when they give you their "look"!
How are his eyes today? I would call the vet if they are still watering, just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indiana is back to his well behaved self! Whatever little demon that posessed him yesterday is gone. His eyes are fine too... it was rainy and cold yesterday and he was enjoying playing outside in the nasty weather so I think that might have been why they were watery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts