Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Daisy doesn't see many cats.

A few months ago we were out walking one night and I saw a couple of cats sitting by the sidewalk a few houses further up. I didn't think anything of it, I figured they would probably bolt before we got too close.

Well, they didn't bolt. They just sat there right beside the sidewalk.

As we approached the cats, Daisy started acting a little hesitant to get closer. I'd never seen her act afraid before, she's usually fearless. When it comes to other dogs - no matter how big they are or how aggressive they act - or to people, she's always happy and excited to see them.

But as we got right up to the cats, she was actually cowering and pulling on the leash trying to get away from them.

They cats weren't acting aggressive in any way, they were just sitting there pretty much ignoring us.

She was only about 5 months old at the time. She had never had an encounter with a cat as long as I'd had her, so I just assumed she probably had a bad experience with one before I got her. She did come from a farmhouse.

We haven't run into a cat since then, so I don't know if it's something she's grown out of or not.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.