Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas time was SO VERY hectic this year! I started a new job in mid-November (one I've been trying to get for two years now). The job had a very long and intensive training period, complete with homework every night. One daughter moved out (guess who got to move all her stuff thirty miles away). One came home from her study abroad semester in Bermuda - I had to re-register her car (her registration expired while she was gone) insure it, and set up her cell service so she would be able to use her phone while traveling. My husband's whole family took a Christmas cruise and came back late on the twenty-third so Christmas dinner was at my house this year. We didn't even get our tree till a few days before Christmas - we arrived at the tree farm after they closed but we've been going there for years so the guy let us pick out our tree in the dark - I'm surprised that it looked so good because we couldn't see a thing. In the last two weeks we lost two family pets - our elderly cat, Pussywillow (adopted as a kitten when my girls were four years old) and one of my daughter's chinchillas. While I managed to pull off a great Chiristmas dinner and the day was perfect, I AM very glad it's all over.

Since it's way too late to send Christmas cards, I made New Year cards instead. They are done and ready to mail tomorrow. I am very sorry that they are going out so late but I hope you all enjoy them.

Happy New Year everyone!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Got your card, Terry, and it's adorable but wouldn't New Year's be a good time for Moe to swear off the bottle? He looks like he's partying a little too hardy! Happy New Year!

·
Registered
45 Posts
What a great day I have had. I am babysitting an extra 3 Bassets while their mum and dad are away and when I checked the mailbox today I received your card. Im in a basset wonderland.. I do wonder where it has been all this time as it was date stamped the 12th of Jan and i got it on the 6th of Feb.. haha..

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a great day I have had. I am babysitting an extra 3 Bassets while their mum and dad are away and when I checked the mailbox today I received your card. Im in a basset wonderland.. I do wonder where it has been all this time as it was date stamped the 12th of Jan and i got it on the 6th of Feb.. haha..[/b]
I'm glad you liked it. I have no idea why it would take that long to arrive, though! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: So much for the postal service... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts