Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Learn something new each day.
I learned about a Capybara, who apparently was spotted in our state recently. It has the distinction for being the world's largest rodent, and weighs 100 lbs. never heard of it before.

but it's sooo cute! it 'sings' in the first video. in the 2nd video, i do believe 'capybaras' are related to us basset hounds, as it was beginning to flat basset. acts a lot like a basset, if you ask me.
--Worm

·
Registered
151 Posts
Haha they're so cute!

The 2nd video def. reminds me of the basset. Looks like my Maggie when I'm scratching her back... rolls right over for a little belly rub!

·
Registered
562 Posts
OK the wildlife biologist in me must point out that these guys are a lot like nutrias and they are a big problem in the southeast where they have been introduced. A 100 lb rodent in an area that it is not native to is going to have an impact on the environment, and when they get out of control it will be too late to do anything about it. Hopefully the owners are being responsible and keeping them from reproducing... spay and neuter your capybaras everyone...

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
That is so cute –– its belly jiggles like a basset when they are rubbing her.

·
Registered
437 Posts
they do remind me of a giant guinea pig....rodent but along the lines of rabbits....wow, imagine them if they breed like rodents...100# rodents everywhere....:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts