Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can no longer post, reply and it also says my PM box is full and that in no way should be the case. I can't access the forum please advise/help. it's as though I have been kicked off the forum

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
From what I can tell adminstrator have been at it again limiting what is available to free members

eliminating avatars, reducing pm storage 3 and not allow updating adding personal data, Probable you account got screwed up in these added new limitations.

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Interesting under members free list avatar100x100 and profile picture and PM storage 250 message however I no longer have access to profile, or avatar and it the PM list 3 as the limit, When looking at forum posts only the two Super Moderators have avatars.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I wonder if others are having this issue?

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
This seems to be the only place people can post? Soundtrack will post in the main forums directing people to post problems they are having in this area.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
It looks like everyone has been reset to Newbie status. You should still be able to post in the Introduction section.

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
posted on the other thread as well. I went ahead and upgraded to paid status (seemed to be the direction it was headed.......) and that did the trick.

sigh...... thanks to soundtrack for all of the help. Too bad the admin didn't do a better job of rolling this out :(

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I suspect it was just an error. We had asked for the newbie restrictions to be removed, as they no longer seem to be necessary. I guess something got set wrong. Hopefully it will all be fixed next time Admin checks in.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Problems?

FranksMum, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I just clicked on my user name to see whether my avatar is working and came up with this message, above.

Answer to 1 and 2 - NONE OF THE ABOVE :p

And fwiw, my avatar is no longer active. If I'm expected to pay for all of this - sorry. No will do.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
As I said, I believe everyone has accidentally been reset to newbie status. I'm guessing that three posts in the newbie forum followed by a wait of about a day should restore your regular privileges, however I'm hoping Admin will fix the problem before that is necessary

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Not sure that the three post in newbie section will work because there may not be a 3 post notification to administrators with older members that still have listed many more post but it is worth a shot to see if it works

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Not sure that the three post in newbie section will work because there may not be a 3 post notification to administrators with older members that still have listed many more post but it is worth a shot to see if it works
I'm still showing as a 'Senior Member' but with NO avatar.:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I received two emails suggesting an upgrade..........

So I made the decision to upgrade......... but I am frustrated at how this has happened with no comments from the Administrator especially now that I am paying to participate in this forum.

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
The admins are doing there best to close the forum it appear. Nearing 24 hrs with thee newbie post. Ifind it like nothing will change as far as status in the morning. Forum is not going to survive longterm, with two moderators and one paid member.

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
Sorry have been lurking but since Saturday evening have been expecting hourly to be down to one hound. Have sent a couple of messages (like everyone else) to Admin but from past experience they're not always that responsive :(.

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
posted in newbie section yesterday (3 posts) still no access but maybe im being impatient!
Littleduck.
Are you still experiencing problems as Admin supposedly corrected problem some hours ago?
VV

1 - 20 of 23 Posts