Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 yo basset, Clovis, had surgery on his tail last week to remove a growth. The vet was so sure the tumor was malignant that he wanted to take his tail off during that surgery. I chose to wait for the biopsy feeling that if it’s positive, I will want to have him totally scanned to see if it’s spread. I do know his lungs are clear so that’s good news! He is the love of my life…a big goof ball (85 lbs) and all muscle but not an aggressive bone in his body! Biopsy should be in tomorrow or Friday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your kind thoughts. These guys just grab your heart and it’s hard for us to go thru this. But we will and Clovis will be fine😃
Thank you for your kind thoughts. These guys just grab your heart and it’s hard for us to go thru this. But we will and Clovis will be fine😃
Just wanted to let you know the tumor on Clovis’ tail was benign and he will live on to steal food, bark, jump on the furniture and visitors, bark, drool, bark and so on. But., I wouldn’t have it any other way. Cheers!
 

·
Registered
9 year old Basset Hound
Joined
·
3 Posts
My 5 yo basset, Clovis, had surgery on his tail last week to remove a growth. The vet was so sure the tumor was malignant that he wanted to take his tail off during that surgery. I chose to wait for the biopsy feeling that if it’s positive, I will want to have him totally scanned to see if it’s spread. I do know his lungs are clear so that’s good news! He is the love of my life…a big goof ball (85 lbs) and all muscle but not an aggressive bone in his body! Biopsy should be in tomorrow or Friday.
Smart move to wait for the results of the biopsy before amputating the tail ! Theresa
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top