My 5 yo basset, Clovis, had surgery on his tail last week to remove a growth. The vet was so sure the tumor was malignant that he wanted to take his tail off during that surgery. I chose to wait for the biopsy feeling that if it’s positive, I will want to have him totally scanned to see if it’s spread. I do know his lungs are clear so that’s good news! He is the love of my life…a big goof ball (85 lbs) and all muscle but not an aggressive bone in his body! Biopsy should be in tomorrow or Friday.