Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm a new member but we recently got a grave diagnosis for our Bassett, Liz. Our well respected vet said he never saw a diagnosis like it and said it was over his head and referred us to an oncology team (which we'll call tomorrow). The diagnosis is "...true basosquamous carcinoma developed from skin with tissue consistent with lymph node metastasis. Other types of neoplasms include matrical carcinoma." I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I am not a vet but I do have a graduate degree in pathology and understand the science and some of the terminologies. I have googled the diagnosis but am not finding information on dogs, only humans. Thanks for helping. I'm trying to pass the night away before talking with the oncologists tomorrow.
Mopatti

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
One of my bassets had a basosquamous CA on her rear, about 1.5" in diameter, near her anus. It was resected with clear margins. She died a couple of years later of unrelated causes.

From what you've said, your basset's tumor sounds like it's of skin or skin appendage origin. Have you identified a primary skin lesion? Where was the affected node?

We'll be sending good wishes, and please let us know what the oncologist says.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts