Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snoopy loves to be cuddled in this position when we arrive back home after being out at work or to the shops etc.

Can any of your hounds sit in this position by themselves? Snoopy is quite unsteady so we have to hold her paw.

I think she looks so cute in this picture... :wub:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Elvis can. We can never get a picture of him doing it, though. He is too interested in the camera.

We will keep trying.

·
Registered
157 Posts
All day, everyday, since the first day I got him over the summer. Bogie sits like that on couches, on chairs, next to the table, in the kitchen, on the bed. He will even do it outside to try to see over the snow piles. Anywhere. I assume he does that to get my attention, and it works, because there is really no way to resit that.

Proof!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
[attachment=236:BuffetBeg_2.jpg]
Buffet is able to sit up for treats. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone, lovely to see other hounds doing this, Hugo my hound does this for treats even when you are asking him to sit or drop!!!!!!!!!! I think it get the most responce so it is his favourite party trick!!!
I havent come across many other owners teaching there bassets tricks so its good to see!!!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Moe could never do that. He's too lazy, or maybe he's never been motivated enough to try.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm afraid Toby can't do this with or without my help :( Seems to almost defy the law of gravity seeing a basset do this :blink:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Charlie does this next to the dinner table every night. I simply can't look at him because feeding from the table is taboo -- and it's my rule!

The lady I got Charlie from has told me more than once about the time she took his dad, Spot (Soundtrack's boy), to the Westminster Dog Show. Spot knew she had liver in her pocket, and he kept sitting up, begging for some. When they went in the ring, the crowd went wild -- Spot had won their hearts with his sit-ups!!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh i'd love to of seen Ruby doing a KangaRuby! (I'm off to see real Kangaroo's in October!!)

It's great to see other dogs doing it too!

My boyfriend is worried this postion will cause a strain on her back or hurt her in some way - is he just being over protective like usual???

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish Libby would do that. How do you teach a Basset to sit-up?[/b]
just get Libby to jump up at you when you are standing up. hold onto her front paws and either guide her down onto her bottom or say sit and it should work. keep hold of her paws though as she might fall over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts