Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom's been really bad about logging in lately so I took the computer away from her! :rolleyes:

This weekend I'll be camping in Payson. I've never been camping or hiking in the mountains but they tell me that I will have a great time! Tonight Chumlee and I have to protect the girls and my brothers cause daddy isn't coming until tomorrow. Yay, cuddle time!

Mom bought me a new harness (I outgrew the old one) and a tie out...I'm not so sure how I feel about that. I'm used to walking on a leash or running free in the yard...

I'm most excited about getting out of the HEAT...I don't like AZ summers! I'll post pictures on Monday ~ have a great weekend! :D

Chuck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maggie loves camping all the attention and treats. I keep telling my wife I have to leave her home because Maggie is a chic magnet. All I hear is, ya try it!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Glad you had a great time, Chuck! Did you get to go exploring and do other fun things?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My brother and I got car sick on the way! We went for lots of walks and found lots of tasty sticks to chew on. As you can see from the pics my favorite place was in the chair - occupied or not. I was being a bit of a stinker spilling my food and water bowl, I was too excited to eat.

-Chuck

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Great pictures! Bogie is our camping buddy and loves to go. This summer he went 4,486 miled from Memphis, TN to Montana and back through Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Arkansas, and back to Tennessee in our 22 foot motor home. He is a great traveler, and the biggest problem was learning that you can pee and poop in desert sand and in gravel at campground dog walk areas. He got to see Yellowstone, The Grand Tetons, Colorado National Monument, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Dinosaur National Monument, The Flaming Gorge, etc. He loved the cool weather in the mountains and romped in the snow at Yellowstone.

Here he is helping my husband watch the road.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds like a great trip Bogie! Being a desert dog I'm used to sand and gravel, we don't have much grass - it's too hot here! Hopefully someday I won't get car sick...those mountain roads with the hills and curves proved to be more than my tummy could handle! Mom said she's going to talk to the vet before my next big road trip and see if there is anything she can give me so I don't barf all over daddy's truck again. Mom laughed a little though because I threw up all over my 17 year old human smarty pants brother (something about him deserving it). LOL

-Chuck

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
That sounds like a great trip Bogie! Being a desert dog I'm used to sand and gravel, we don't have much grass - it's too hot here! Hopefully someday I won't get car sick...those mountain roads with the hills and curves proved to be more than my tummy could handle! Mom said she's going to talk to the vet before my next big road trip and see if there is anything she can give me so I don't barf all over daddy's truck again. Mom laughed a little though because I threw up all over my 17 year old human smarty pants brother (something about him deserving it). LOL

-Chuck
You ever hear about the time I barfed down the back of he-human's pants? pretty awesome.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Chuck, dude, melikes your pics...!!
your trip looks so fun! we like all the trees at your campsite. and we're glad u could get away from the Arizona heat. sorry about barfing in the car, tho, that sucks.

i went camping too this weekend, and will bug my person to post pics too.

Bogie's a lucky dog-- he gets to go everywhere!!

Chuck, you are growing up! your ears look the same length in your puppy avatar as in these pics, just the rest of you have now caught up...!!
--hi five, Worm

·
Registered
767 Posts
Bogie did you find any really big bones at Dinosaur National Monument? That sounds like some place we would like to go. We're desert dogs too and mom planted just a tiny area of grass for us. Maggie and Daisy

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Lots of you guys went camping recently, color us jealous! Thanks for the great pics Chuck :) Can't wait to see Wormie's and more of Bogie's!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chuck, dude, melikes your pics...!!
your trip looks so fun! we like all the trees at your campsite. and we're glad u could get away from the Arizona heat. sorry about barfing in the car, tho, that sucks.

i went camping too this weekend, and will bug my person to post pics too.

Bogie's a lucky dog-- he gets to go everywhere!!

Chuck, you are growing up! your ears look the same length in your puppy avatar as in these pics, just the rest of you have now caught up...!!
--hi five, Worm
Can't wait to see your pics Worm! I've been growing like crazy but mom makes sure I get plenty of exercise (even though I don't like it). I still got some big ears - all the better to hear but not listen...I gots a mind of my own! :rolleyes:

-Chuck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts