Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GET READY TO PAWTY!

The North Texas Basset Hound Rescue’s 10th annual Shuffle is coming!
The Shuffle is being held on September 16, 2006 at Chisholm Park in Hurst, Texas.
This is in the Dallas area. We should have a great Shuffle this year; we will have Tracking and Obedience demonstrations, and an Agility Demonstration. You will be able to run your dog through the agility course after the demonstration. We will also have contests and games: Bobbing for Weenies, Costume Contest, Best Hat, Longest Ears, Biggest Paw, Lowest-to-the-ground, Howling Contest, and Musical Mats. There will be a Raffle, fun stuff to buy and low cost micro chipping!!

We will be starting early, to try to beat the heat, so come on out and join us and help to raise some much needed mula for the hounds!!

See all the info at our web site: <http://www.bassetrescuedfw.org>

Kathryn,
Scooter & Rocky

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
We are thinking of going- Its about a 6 hour drive but Jake likes to travel 8) We've never had him around that many dogs before though so not sure how he would do. He does play in small groups and is much better on the leash than he used to be- He may arrooo though- is that allowed? It depends on if my husband is off that weekend but we are seriously thinking about it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Basset Momma, I would boycott any event that prohibited ahroooing! :evil:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure he can ARROOOO!! The SHuffle is actually suprizingly quiet. Not that many really bark or howl. Scooter is reall more of a people person than a dog person, and I think she enjoys it. You should come the night before, because we start pretty early (because of the heat). We are usually done by 1:00 or so, but start around 9 in the morning. If you want directions or anything just give me a call. Did you get a Shuffle Flyer? If you didn't I'll be happy to send you one.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I did get a flyer. My husband is thinking he can get off. I'd love to bring both hounds- Sami loves people and crowds... she just cries the whole time we travel. Jake thinks everything is about him- but he is the best traveling companion :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well look for me if you come - I'll be in the middle pavilion with a red volunteer T-shirt on and lots of buttons on it - and I'll probably be holding a megaphone!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts