Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually my Pearly is pretty quiet with an occassional burst of play but lately she has been doing the strangest thing. She has been getting in my son's closet and making a nest with his blankets but here is the strange part, she will begin making her complaining noises and then start to bark at us. She barks like she is going to take someones leg off! If you approach her she is friendly but will continue to bark. She even does it when no one is in there. It is kind of spooky, like she sees something we don't see. I used to have a cat that got really strange this time of year... like cabin fever but Pearl goes in and out of the doggy door as she pleases and really is more of a couch potato than a great outdoors dog. Any one have any ideas? yvonne

·
Registered
987 Posts
I would have her vet checked to make sure she isn't having some sort of medical problem going on, did she have any holiday people food that might bring on pancritis or other digestive problem that might cause her to be in pain or feel poorly?
I hope she is better and feeling like herself again soon.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya know she did eat a tub of butter. She vomited for about 1 1/2 days and then was fine. Maybe when I get home from work I will poke around on her belly. yvonne

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The butter along with her strange behavior would make me worry about pancreatic problems- hope she is OK- keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts