Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bertie was taken back to the Kennels on Sunday afternoon.

As some of you will know we took him in last weekend from a rescue center nearby.

Unfortunately we could not control him, he bit my boyfriend twice on the hand and stole everything from our other dog.

Snoops was too scared to walk past him and if im honest i was too scared to stroke him incase he went for me.

The last straw was on Saturday when i left 'daddy' home with the dogs for the whole day whilst i went out christmas shopping in London with a friend. My boyfriend sat on the sofa and Bertie jumped up and placed himself on his lap, which he always does, Bertie fell asleep whilst simon watched the TV for an hour. Simon tried to stand up as he needed to let Snoopy out for the toilet. Bertie would not move off his lap and growled at him and then bit simon just for trying to stand up.

When we dropped him off we gave them a huge list of his likes and dislikes and exactly what he's been like so that the next people that might have him know exactly what he's like. Apparenly there is a gentleman very interested in him so im going to ring the rescue people in a week or two just to see how he's coming along and whether he has been placed or not.

Here is one of the only pics we have of him for you too see - he's quite a handsome chap until he turns all nasty...

·
Registered
196 Posts
:( I'm sorry you've had to go through this. I went through a very similar situation with Benji. But you've done the right thing - you have to look after your family and your Snoopy.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Must be something about bassets with the "button" on their heads. Button can be very possessive of family members and tries to "hog" laps. Not to that extent, though. I am sorry that you have had this unhappy experience. Perhaps he can be adopted by someone who has no one else in the house to compete for his attention.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This sounds similar to what I went through with Homer. Unfortunately I was not as smart as you and stuck with him for 2+ years. I got very attached because he wasn't like that all the time. When he was good, he was very affectionate and sweet. But my other pets were like prisoners in their own home - unable to come out and roam freely without Homer going after them. Now that I found a good home for him and have Baxter, my new Basset puppy, I am so much happier and releived.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts