Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I caught Jackie chewing on one of her Daddy's dress shirts...she had torn off all the buttons!!! I looked everywhere and I could not find the buttons, well I thought that maybe she had ate them but they would just "pass through." :blink:

This morning she ate her breakfast and when I took her outside for her morning poopy...ummm she strained for about ten minutes to do a little poop. :huh: Her morning poops are usually harder then the rest of her poops but I'm worried that the buttons may have caused a blockage??? Seven buttons were missing...all normal shirt size, would this be enough to cause a blockage? Jackie is acting fine and drinking/eating normally. Any advice would be appreciated...

Signed,

The worried momma. :eek:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Luckily I haven't had to deal with this. A friend of mine though had a pup that would hoover everything in site (without chewing). He went to get nuetered and they had to wait a few days until the pup was able to pass the 3 pairs of socks and 2 pairs of underwear it had eaten. I would hope that buttons aren't big enough to cause a blockage, but for it to be 7 of them you may want to contact the vet, at least give them a call to see what they say.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
If they are plastic and small, I would think they would pass. But if you call the vet they're going to tell you to bring her in for an xray, to be safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts