Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I have never noticed that Moe got a mosquito bite, though he MUST get bitten now and again. I'm sure it's possible. Moe has gotten Bumblebee stings on his nose a few times in his younger 'wild and crazy' days. Once he learned that they sting he followed them from a safer distance and barked at them continuously. They were unimpressed. Does she have any interest in bees or other biting bugs? Perhaps the bumps are stings?

If the bites bother her could you give her benedryl? Your vet would know how much.

Terry

·
Registered
494 Posts
We have a new Basset puppy (10 weeks old - I need to post pics!) and last week she got stung by a scorpion in our house. We have killed 6 of them in the past week. It seems they are coming inside because of all the rain we have been having. Anyway, I had to rush her to the vet because she had a bad reaction to the sting. She ended up having three shots and put on antibiotics. I was SOOOOOO scared! My boys had just been running through the hallway in their barefeet right before she got stung.

So beware, the bugs aren't just outside!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Originally posted by Rubydoo
I hope you call an exterminator about the scorpions.
WHAT??? Exterminate the scorpions?? No way!! You have to collect them, grill them and eat them...just like my colleagues over in China! Really tasty I assure you! :lol:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
:lol: :lol: or you can put it in sushi! might be a big sell among exotic food enthusiast.

I hope Molly gets better soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bailey got bit by something and her eye got so swollen about the size of a golf ball. I took her to the vet and they gave her a shot and medication. It scared me. It swolled up so fast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts