Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy is here he is 8, a very light red and white He seems like a very sweet dog, pretty calm, Simon on the other hand.....Buddy is used to an older dog Simon kept running by him with toys and buddy just barked right now i have them separated simon is upstairs with me buddy is downstairs taking a well needed rest :eek:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they will prob be ok simon is a little rough for buddy but afew times buddy aproached simon poor guy i think he has a little arhritis in his legs plus his nails are so long he can hardly walk i couldn't get him a grooming appt till monday then the following mon. he has to go the the rescue's vet he is a very nice dog hopefully they will be ok i think there would have been trouble already if not???? I don't know i haven't had 2 dogs for about 20 yrs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds like Simon wants a new friend and someone to play with.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
He'll probably be a bit skittish for a few days but should settle right in- I'm glad Simon is making him welcome! congratulations-

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they are not fighting or showing any aggression, I wouldn't separate them at all. They just need to get to know each other and settle into a routing and the best way for that is to be around ach other. He sounds lovely, I think it's great you took him on, well done.
Arlene and Opus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts