Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the best memories I have are from Bubba and me in the show ring. He was a flashy black, blanket, with four white feet and some rust markings and when he went around the ring it was hard to ignor him. I always felt like he knew what he was bred to do. He gated into the ring like he was the only dog there,he just didn't like to stand still for too long. But,just ask any one showing bassets how hard it can be to keep the dog's nose off the floor or get the tail up.It can be frustrating ,irritating and embarrassing to say the least. Bubba gathered as much attention out of the ring as he did in. People just loved him because he was so pretty but he loved the people too. When Bubba was 17 months old we were attending his first Nationals in St. Louis . He was entered in three classes and he placed in all of them. At the Nationals there are people and dogs from all over the world,Japan,Argentina,etc. In one class,like the 15-18 month dogs,(males), there could be 20 entries. the judge must go over all of them then pick the 4 that come closet to the standard in the judges eyes. In the sweepstakes,Bubba took 4th,in the futurity he took 2nd(17 dogs in his class),and in the regular classes he was 2nd again. Bubba nevered finished his championship title,mostly because of my handling and because he got sick , but he had points towards it. He was a one in a million. I will be forever thankful for the time I had with him.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Bubba was such a beautiful boy, and I'm sure he would have gone on to be a champion. Both the "Bubba's" were so special to this forum in years past, and I know they are frolicking together at the Rainbow Bridge. It's so sad that they both had such short lives, but they will live on in our hearts. Thanks for the special memories of your Bubba!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts